Our Chaga chunks are ethically and sustainability sourced and are lab tested for pesticides and heavy metals.
Chaga chunks are an efficient and economical way to get benefit from the many wonderful features of chaga.
Our preferred stove top method is to steep approximately 1/4 lb of chaga chunks in 2-3 liters or quarts of water. You want the water temperature to hover around 185 to 200 degrees Fahrenheit. After steeping the chaga chunks for 1-2 hours the color of the tea should be a deep chestnut brown. Keep the tea in a pitcher in the fridge for up to 10 days.
The great thing about chaga chunks is that you can reuse them several times. After brewing, let them cool down then keep them in the freezer to maintain freshness.
Another great way to prepare chaga tea from chaga chunks is to use a pressure cooker like the instant pot. The instant pot has such an amazing fan base primarily because it is so easy to use and save so much time.
Here are the steps prepare chaga tea using chaga chunks in the instant pot:
- fill instant pot with 2.5 liters of water.
- Add chaga chunks to the water
- Put on and seal the lid.
- Set the instant pot to pressure cook on high for xx minutes.
- Use the natural release option
- Keep the tea in a pitcher in the fridge for up to 10 days.
- Allow the chaga chunks to cool down then keep them in the freezer to maintain freshness. You can keep using them until the tea gets too weak.